As I was blog-stalking, or blog-peeking, as I like to call it (blog stalking just sounds too harsh), I noticed that the Nipko Blog was seriously lacking in updates, and entertainment! I believe it has been over a month since anything was posted. So here I am, updating our fun-filled days, all the while trying to cram it into about ten minutes worth of time.
Let's start where we left off. Our Anniversary.
We went up to Park City for the day to do some shopping and then we ate at this really good, high class, five star restaurant called BAJIO! ha ha. We LOVE Bajio, so it was great! We then went to the Westgate Resort to stay the night. I think we watched a Dateline murder special or something on tv, cooked some popcorn, and toasted the night away with Diet Coke. Lots of Diet Coke! Doesn't this sound just like JR and I? ha ha For an anniversary gift, JR found a sweet deal on airline tickets to Florida, so he surprised me withthose tickets. I have never been to Florida, so I was/am pretty excited! I thought we were only going to give "small" anniversary gifts, so my gift was pretty lame, in comparison to his! But in his defense..he says his gift was "small" in size. What a sneak!
With the arrival of September, comes the dread of S-C-H-O-O-L. I am only taking one class, but it still seems overwhelming. I don't know how people do it. I know there are some who work full time, raise a family, fulfill church callings, and go to school. These people amaze me!
John is STILL working for Flying J, which is kind of bitter-sweet! We are so lucky that he has a job, but at the same time, we would love to have something a little more stable and long term. We are just waiting, some days patiently, others not so patiently, for the big layoff. John has been so so so loyal to that company, it breaks my heart to see all of his hard work and dedication go down the drain! So, if you know of anyone who in need of a hard-working, loyal, fun, patient, and HANDSOME man, give us a call. JR is perfect for the job! :) ha ha Just joking.
But all joking aside, with fall here, it means one thing.
FOOTBALL SEASON!
More importantly. COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!
I swear on Saturdays, my neighbors probably think someone is being killed in our apartment. I love it. I, of course, am rooting for the currently #7 ranked, BYU COUGARS, while JR is rooting for the UTES. (I have never been a Ute fan, but with all of the stunts the BCS is pulling, I will cheer for anyone in the MWC!)
Well, that is about it for now. My ten minutes are up! Hope you are all doing well, and if you are ever in the Ogden area, stop by.
We have our poker chips waiting and ready! :) And don't worry. We are too poor to play for money. We just play with or for food! :)



2 comments:
Hey cute girl!!! I still check your blog everyday for a new post, and I was so excited to read one today. Sometimes I just minimize the screen and listen to your playlist. I love your song choices!!! I am still waiting for your visit. I miss you two so much. Tell John I am RUNNING again. I know. . . crazy, crazy. . . but it has been ok so far. I hope to see you soon!!!
so GLAD to see an update! i wanna see pics from florida!
Post a Comment