July 6, 2009

July Fourth '09

Wow, what a great Fourth of July! We had such a blast!

JR and I were able to go up to Island Park for a few days and breathe in a little fresh Idaho air! :)

The first full day we were there, we took the four wheelers out for a little jaunt! It was seriously like 90 degrees outside when we left, and like 40 degrees when we returned! No joke, the weather up there can change in a matter of seconds. We were headed on our way home, and it started to spit rain, and then it poured, and then it HAILED! Nickel sized hail!! And if you have never driven a four wheeler with hail and rain hitting your bare arms, it's a treat! You are missing out! Just kidding. It hurt. Bad! But, nonetheless, a great memory! Too bad I don't have any pictures. I guess taking a picture of it was the last thing on my mind.














We also took the kayaks out, and rafted down Box Canyon. Oh my, was that an experience! There was me, Connie (JRs mom), and Karen (a good friend), all in one kayak. And let me tell you...not one of us knew what the heck we were doing!! I thought we were going to die on the river. But once we got the hang of it, we made a great team! Good times! Thanks for making the long trek up with us Karen! You are a blast to be around, and we couldn't ask for a better friend!
The other picture is of my mom and dad. They were brave enough to come up and hang out with us for a few days. And I am so glad they came! They also kayaked down the river. And for any of you who know my dad, you know that he LOVES to antagonize my mom! I think my mom was about ready to drown him by the time they were done! ha ha just teasing. :) They also came with us to West Yellowstone, and we all had a great time. You need to ask my dad about his famous "picture"! It's a classic! (Maybe I will see if I can get it posted on here in the next couple of days!) Thanks for coming mom and dad! You guys were a lot of fun, and made the trip that much better! Love ya tons!

Now, take a look at this handsome gentleman to the right. This is Uncle Jeff! If you want to meet one of the neatest guys EVER, you need to meet Jeffery Gene! He will entertain you for hours, he will always have a smile for you, and he is good for a nice compliment!(he will always tell Connie and I that we are beautiful) Jeff was able to come up with us, this trip, and we had a blast with him! This picture is of him on the boat, waiting for the fireworks to start. Doesn't he look handsome in his Harley Davidson hat and coat? :) Thanks for the many many laughs Jeff! We love you tons!










For the fourth, it is a tradition in Island Park for everyone to take their boats out on the reservoir and watch the fireworks. It was so cool! There were seriously like three hundred boats all on the lake, and everyone was just blasting their music and having a blast!Boats were decorated red, white, and blue, with everything from balloons and paint, to crape paper and Christmas lights. It was really really fun! This is a picture of how pretty it is on the lake at sunset. We were just headed out to watch the fireworks, and yes, it was a little nippy, but well worth it!
Thank you so much Connie and Tucker for letting us spend the holiday with you! We had a blast and made so many great memories! We love ya!



6 comments:

P and C said...

How fun Kort!!! It looks like you had a blast in Island Park-and you did a bunch of fun things that I've never done!!!

Ryan and Crystal said...

What a fun weekend. I was going to say that you missed out in Henefer this year because I didn't see you. But don't worry by your post I think you made the right decision to go to Island Park. Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Kort!!! Oh my how the heck are you!!?? You look so dang happy!! :) Its good to see you on here!

Amanda said...

Hey you!
You two just look like you have so much fun together.... I agree with you Tayton is a mix... Hope to see ya around

Matt Kass And Kason said...

Fun, that looks so fun!!! I am jealous!! You look cute Kort!!!

Megan said...

Hey guys. It looks like you guys had tonz of fun. That would be way cool to see all the boats on the water and to watch the fireworks.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks For Visiting!!