Dedicated to my friend Kayelynn!
I have had a few special requests for me to post about a little incident that happened to me a couple of years ago. Since I am such a people pleaser, I will kindly re-live that great and wonderful experience.
I worry that it's funnier when I tell it in person, so if you don't get the funny effect from the post, I'm sorry you must not work as a teller. But don't worry, just ask me when you see me next, and I will tell it again!
To start out, it's important to know that I was a brand new teller, and I was a little nervous because I had only been "on my own" for a couple of days! I no longer had a trainer sitting behind me. I thought I was going to pee my pants.
Okay, so I was just sitting there, waiting for my next victim, when this cute, little old man came walking up to my window. I smiled and asked him how he was doing. Oh gosh! He was so sweet and polite as can be. I proceeded to ask him what I could help him with. He then said he needed a cashiers check. I was like, SCORE! I totally remember how to do these!
He continued to say that he needed a check for such and such amount, and that he wanted to be the remitter on the check. I filled out the amount and the remitter, then asked who the check needed to be made out to.
He looked down at his paper, and said, and I quote, "Quezar."
(Remember I was already nervous, and new at this job.)
"Quezar?", I replied back to him.
"Yes ma'am," was his response.
Okay, one Quezar coming up! (Don't worry, I really didn't say that.) So I typed in the computer, Q-U-E-Z-A-R.
I printed out the check and took it back for him to sign. He looked at the check, looked at me, looked back at the check, and got this confused look on his face. He looked back up at me, and kinda firmly said, "NOT QUEZAR! It needs to be made to QUEZAR!"
In my head, I'm thinking, "What the heck? This man has lost it! He just repeated the same dang name!"
I got ready to print him out a different check, although this one was going to have the so-called "correct" name. Oh, but don't you worry. I wised up a little, and thought okay Kort, let's not look like an idiot.
I asked the gentlemen if I could see the piece of paper he was getting the information from. He hands me a bill.
Yup! You guessed it! The sweet man needed a check to QUESTAR!
I felt so stupid. I should have known what this poor guy wanted, but I seriously had no idea! He must have thought I was a fool.
From then on, I swear, he would come in, every month, without fail, requesting a check made out to...Quezar.
I mean Questar! :)
Man, I love my job!



5 comments:
Kort!! I totally know who this sweet old man is and I couldn't stop laughing after reading this post!! I miss working with you!! Those were the good ol' days!!
Ha ha that is awesome!!! Although it would have been better to hear it in person, but I still smiled :) I've had some of those moments at the bank I work at too :)
ha ha I love it! That just made me laugh out loud!! Don't worry i have had several experiences like that one!
Ha Ha HAaaaaaaaaaaahhh, That story reminds me of the time you told me that story.
Kort he comes in every month for his Quezar check! I think I did the same thing too the first time I helped him. Maybe it's a type of lisp? Kort we should really go to zarbucks sometime or the mozzies.
Post a Comment