I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted. It's not because I haven't had the time, or that I didn't want to. Okay that's not entirely true. It was a little because I didn't want to. I guess things around the Nipko household have been pretty low key. If I was like everyone else, and had all these really exciting things going on, I would totally post more. But I just don't. And I think I am going through the phase of being blogged-out! Oh, don't get me wrong, I still blog-stalk, and I still read all of my friends posts, but as far as actually wanting to write anything down, I am afraid to say that our blog spot has gotten the shaft!
Well why are you posting now, you ask.? Well, I am bored, and there is nothing to watch on TV, unless infomercials entertain you. (*Note to my friend Matt Gibbons---UNLESS it is early early morning, and has it anything to do with old school country music!)
Anyway, back to the main point. JR is out of town at the moment. He is in his favorite state of Texas.
Since we started dating, we have never been apart longer than two days. And he is going to be gone for four! I hate it! But I don't know who is having a harder time with this, me or JR. ha ha I just talked to him on the phone, and I told him if he gets bored at his conference, he could get on the blog, and I would throw him a shout-out!! So here goes:
LE LECHE!! MAMMA-CITA! Hope you are having fun, and remember who you are and what you stand for! Love ya!
Now, that is out of the way, I can get down to the important stuff! John has a big day this week! It's his BIRTHDAY! Wahoo! He is turning the big.... 2-9!! What?? Yeah, he's a cradle robber! ha ha Don't worry I give him crap about this all of the time! :) So in your spare time, you should text or call him, and let him know he is the best, and of course, wish him a very happy birthday!
Other important news! John and I are....drum roll please...new official members of our ward's activities committee!! Yay! I am pretty sure I set a new church record! This has got to be the one billionth and one activities committee I have been on! Hey, I am in no way complaining. I was actually worried we were going to get the nursery or better yet, something like ward greeters. But with a sigh of relief, John and I accepted our fantastic, not-so-new calling.
If you have any good ideas for FAMILY WARD activities, let me know! I don't think the sweet 70+ year old's would appreciate my love of water balloon baseball. Dang it! That is a sweet game! I guess they could always ump??



5 comments:
So while John is gone if you get bored you are more than welcome to hang out at my house!!! It is anything but boring over here and I could always use an extra pair of hands!!! (ok, that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean!)
Oh, by the way, thank you so much for coming to Deklan's little b-day bash! You guys are awesome and we truly adore you!!! :-]]
It's about time! I've missed your blog updates. Thanks for making me smile!!!
Hey, I heard that on Sunday, but you two weren't there to stand and let all to see you!! Preston got a new calling too-he's the freakin WARD CLERK!!! ha ha He said, "that's for old men!" Oh well, he's organized so he'll do a good job. I'm just glad I didn't get a bigger calling! :)
ha ha oh kort! you are a funny girl! i'm glad you have a positive attitude about activities committee...i would DIE! too hard and stressful! and fyi, nursery is the best:treats, playing with toys, and time FLIES! just thought i'd let ya know! we're in primary now and its pretty awesome! you rock kort!
Kort, I think its hilarious that you've been in the activities comittee "like a billion times", and yet you still have no idea what to do for an activity. ;)
Post a Comment