We kicked off our morning by heading out to South Ogden for a little jog. John and I ran the Goldenwest 5K! Yeah. That's right. We ran a 5K! I must say, we did better than we expected to do, but I think for the next one, we will definitely need to train better. We were lucky enough to have John's sister, Rachel, and her cute family there to push us along the way! They are a family of runners, and they kicked our butts! Thanks for motivating John and I to go, and for making the daunting task of running a lot more fun! You guys are champs!
Shortly after running, we jetted over to Weber High to watch Ash and Dixon tumble. They did awsome, and I am so proud of them for all of their accomplishments. They are two of my most favorite kids EVER, and I love them as if they were my own.
After tumbling, we took off up the mountain. (In our car, of course. We're not that amazing of runners. I wish!!) Anyway, we headed over to Powder Mountain to hit the slopes! I have to admit, my legs were already a little bit jello-ish, so I wasn't too stoked about skiing! This is where I have to throw in an apology to my sweet hubby. He was, and always is so, so, so patient with me! I was a little bit of a stinker for the first run of the day. Let's just say I had a few choice words for him! I wasn't too happy about him taking me down the steepest slope I have ever been on! :) It's funny now, but at the time...it wasn't!!
We ended up skiing until closing time! It was great! John's sister, Wendee, and her kids, Hyrum, Sarah, and Hannah, who are all amazing skiers and snowboarders, came up. Along with John's nephew, Kaden, who is also a fabulous sloper. I wish that I had gotten some sweet action pictures, but I couldn't bloody keep up with everyone! ha ha That's okay. Give me a few more years, and a few, well, several, more lessons from Wendee, and I will be a skiing maniac!



3 comments:
Sounds like a fun, but extremely exhausting day!
You guys are awesome. Heston and I were supposed to be training for the marathon, but we had a few other things "come up". I won't be allowed to train for the next few months. :-))
I love that picture, by the way.
Holy crap! A -way to go on the whole running thing, I've always wanted to run a 5K, but I hate running. any hints on how to make it better, let me know. B- way to go with the whole skiing thing. Again, I suck at skiing, but I want to get better. Good for you guys!
Kort,
I am so excited I found your blog. I guess it pays off to stock people blogs that you don't know. I haven't seen you forever and little did I know, you were married. I am glad I found you and will keep waiting for your wonderful like updates!
Kelsi
Post a Comment