January 14, 2009

A little early...I know.

But I just can't take it anymore.
I have never really been one to LOVE summer, but as I get older, I guess, I look forward to summer coming, more and more. In fact, I am so ready for it to be here, that I have already started to hit SunKissed Tanning. My favorite!
These last few days, I have watched every single "beachy" movie out there: 50 First Dates, Into the Blue, Surfs Up, Blue Crush, etc.. I have even went as far as wearing my flip flops around town, while running errands. I think people think I am crazy. I guess I am a little. ;)
The other day, I even propositioned for John to buy me a little kiddie pool, that I can fill with sand and warm water, and stick in my front room. That way I can get the full effect when I sit on my colorful, beach-towel-covered chair, with my feet in it....of course while I am sipping on a Virgin Lava Flow. DELECTABLE!! If you have never had one of these babies, you really need to treat yourself.
I can't stop listening to a mix of Bob Marley and the Beach Boys.
Are ya kiddin' me? Seriously. What is my problem? Is there something wrong with me? Hopefully this is just a phase. If not, I have got some very LOOONNNGGG months ahead of me!!
Can someone get me another Lava Flow?!!

BEST DRINK EVER!!
2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
1 small banana
2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
2 oz. coconut cream
Preparation:Blend the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste. Pour this mixture into a tall (Collins or Hurricane) glass. Rinse the blender. Blend the banana, the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth. Pour this mixture into the glass very slowly and watch as the strawberry mixture oozes its way to the top along the sides of the glass creating the flowing lava effect. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and paper umbrella. DUH! Who wouldn't?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Pal I am with ya, Bring on summer with capris and flip flops, and the best of all I will be done carrying a baby! haha

Ryan and Crystal said...

That drink sounds so good!! I'm going to go try it. Another good drink is Island Breeze. Its a mix of cranberry juice, orange juice and pinapple juice. Then of course if you really want to get wild they put alcohol in it but for me I just left that part out.

Ovard Clan said...

Never too early for HOT weather! NEVER.

Tyler and Camie said...

I love summer too i miss it to the extreme! Oh and I love that cute picture of you and jon at the top of your blog!! It makes me so excited to get married!

Anne Garfield said...

I miss summer too...but I do have to brag. I'll be on the beach in 18 days!!!! =)

P and C said...

First of all, I LOVE your new background, it's super cute! Second, I knew you'd be hitting the tanning beds sooner or later, you are definitley a sun bunny!!! I hope you had a fun time in Island Park, I miss working with you!!! I'm getting to that point to Kort, not as extreme as you, but I am really looking forward to the summer-if I can just get working on my beach body, I'll be set! ha ha Love ya girl! Talk to you later!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks For Visiting!!