June 19, 2010

To my dad....

~Dad- a son's first hero, a daughters first love~

With Fathers Day this weekend I just wanted to take a second and let my dad know how much I love him and appreciate all that he has ever done for me. He really is the best kind of dad!

I never realized, until the last couple of years of my own, how much my parents did for me. I never had to worry whether I was going to eat or not. I never had to worry about not having a roof over my head. I never once doubted my safety and security at home. I never once doubted his love for me, for my brothers and sister, and most importantly for my mom. He always treated my mom with the love and respect she deserved. :) What an amazing example for us kids.
Growing up I can't remember my dad missing any basketball or volleyball games, track meets, queen contests, horse shows, school events; nothing! Rain, snow, sleet, heat, my mom and dad were always there sitting on the hard bleachers supporting and cheering me on.

I have always been a little bit of a daddy's girl, and John can attest to that. :) (he thinks it's great!) There were some nights that I would rather shoot hoops outside with my dad then hang out with my friends. I never once regretted that. I remember we would always take our own "Sunday drive" and he would let me sit on his lap to steer. Then as I got older and I could finally reach the breaks, he would let me drive on "my own." Pretty sure a 13 year old driver is illegal. Even in Henefer! :) If my mom found out she would have been so mad! :) I could get away with anything when I was with my dad! (And I still can).

It's so funny when people tell me that I act just like my dad! ha ha Oh gosh. How should I take that? ha ha I love it. I love that my dad is so outgoing. He could talk to a tree stump and still have a good conversation and a story to tell for later. I just love that about him. If you ever need a good laugh or a nickname, go to my dad. He is always good for both!
Gosh I could go on and on and on about how great my dad is, but I am sure most of you know that already. He really is one of a kind and I am so honored to be his daughter and call him Dad!

Thanks dad for all you do for me! You are truly one of my very best friends! Happy Fathers Day and know I love you more and more each day!

My most favorite picture! :) Clearly my dad's personality to a T!! No he wasn't really riding this bull but he always reminds us kids that he did ride bulls back in the day! :) ha ha No wonder my mom married him. Who could resist this face?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Tubby is the greatest!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks For Visiting!!