February 18, 2009

Best Valentines Yet!

I know I probably should have posted this a little earlier, but I have been a little bit of a slacker, so here I am, just now getting around to it.

I have to say that John is such an AMAZING guy! I had the best Valentines day yet! He planned out such a special night for us, and it was GREAT! Just as a sidenote....JR had told me that he was going to make everything for me this Valentines, so I was in for a treat! :) I didn't know what he had planned, or what he was "making", and he had talked about it for weeks, so the anticipation was killing me!

I had to work all that day, so JR surprised me with breakfast that morning. And of course, he served my favorite....eggs and toast! He even mashed my eggs the special way! :) Later that day, he came down to good ol' AF carrying FLOWERS, a Diet 7Up, and a Twix. Again, all of my favorites!
That night as I walked in the front door the house was lit up by CANDLELIGHT! Awww..I know!! :) He took me by the hand and led me to the dining table, where he had made me a delicious steak dinner. It was so good. Who knew the guy was such a great cook? He even went as far as to make the ice cubes in our drinks in the shape of a HEART. ha ha ha It was cute.

After we ate dinner, he led me to the bathroom. My sweetie made me a bubble bath! There were more candles and rose pedals. This time around the tub. He said it was my night to relax, so I got to soak in the warm bubble bath, while he cleaned up the dishes. Hey, I wasn't about to argue! After I got out, he surprised me with a box full of chocolate dipped strawberries. And of course, he had dipped them himself. They were pretty dang good, and we ate the entire box that night!

I was having such a FUN night, but in the back of my mind I was still contemplating what he had gotten, or should I say, made, me. I was expecting it to be wrapped, so when he took me to our bedroom, I was a little confused. I opened my door and there was my homemade present. It was so, so, so CUTE!! My sweet hubby had decorated our room.

I wish I had gotten an actual picture from that night, becuse he had more candles and rose pedals all over...it seriously was so sweet. But I had to be resourceful, so you could get an idea. So this is just one I took tonight. But you get the idea. You will have to see it in person..It's pretty dang cute! :)


I had always wanted a canopy bed, and I was always complaining to him that our bedroom needed some decorating TLC...so he did them both! I absolutley love it!!
Thanks JR!! You're the best!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

oh isn't that cute? can you hold my hair while I gag? just kidding! sounds like fun, how cute of him, congrats Kort, I think you got a keeper!

Rachael Barker said...

He did a great job!!!! He really is quite romantic and CRAFTY!!! You forgot to mention what's under the bedspread. I think he was most excited about that. I'm glad you enjoyed your V-DAY surprise. He definitely is a keeper!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! How sweet and cute!

John, you did great I'd say A+ on that one!!!

Hey guys, we need to get together!! Maybe John can cook Dinner for us. ;-))

Wrendy and Bronson said...

Oh my heck girl! He spoiled the crap outta you! He is for sure a keeper. How Romantic! I am so glad that you got a relaxing night full of surprises! you deserve it.. I want to hear a little more about what was under the covers that Rachael was talking about.. haha

Ryan and Crystal said...

Holy Crap, hang on to him. That is amazing. I think Ryan needs to take some lessons, or else I do. I love what he did. John you did great!!! I love what he did to your bedroom too. How in the world did he make heart shaped ice? Wow! I am just amazed thats awesome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks For Visiting!!