I know, a lot of you are thinking, "Wow Kort! This is such a GREAT subject for you to talk about." And my response is, "Why, yes it is!"
I have been in my fair share of car accidents. Just ask my mom and dad. It has been a while back, two or so years ago, that I was in 4 , yes 4, car accidents. All in less than a month! They weren't bad accidents, just minor, but still, it was careless, horrible, road-raged driving on my part. Like the first accident I got in. Careless driving.
I was leaving work, after a long hard day at America First. If any of you have been to the branch on Harrison Boulevard, this is the place of ill fate. I was heading out of the back parking lot, and of course, talking on my cell...bad, bad, bad...but I don't think my parents know that I was talking, so, let's keep that on the DL. Well, a girl that I worked with was on my left side, and heading the opposite direction as I was. She honked her horn at me, and as I was so anxiously talking on my cell, I turned to her to wave, and hit the gas of my car. IT WAS THE MOST AWFUL NOISE IN THE WORLD! I wanted to die. I knew what I had done. I just couldn't believe that I had done it. I had ran up onto the side curve, where there were some landscaping rocks. I had hit the landscaping rocks, and then went back down off the curve. All the while, the rocks were denting and scraping my car. I drove down the road a little further, and stopped in a church parking lot. I got out to survey the damage! Oh my gosh! The entire right side of my car, by my back tire, was totally ripped to shreds! There was a even a hole in my car! I did not want to tell MY DAD!!
Roughly, oh, two weeks later, just days after getting my car fixed from the first accident, I was heading out to go shopping with my good friend Alyece. (Or Alice, as some of us like to call her. :) ha ha) We were heading home for the day, and decided to stop at good ol' Burger Bar in Roy. We had gotten our food, and wanted to make it back home in time for something, so we decided to eat while we were driving home. I had gotten some fries out, of course with the fry sauce, and started backing out of the little parking space. KaBaMM!! ha ha I shouldn't laugh, but it's kinda funny now. Fry sauce went everywhere! It was on the ceiling, on the steering wheel, dripping off my rear view window, everywhere! I didn't have a clue what I had hit! I looked behind me, and there wasn't anyone there, so I couldn't have backed into anyone! I thought, what the heck? Then I saw it! I was such an idiot. I had backed out of the stall thingy, and didn't quite back up straight enough. I had hit the cement block that holds up the stand cover! Now the right side of my car, by my front tire, was totally dented in, and was scratched all up! Horrible driving! I did not want to tell MY DAD!
I officially had been grounded from my Corolla. My dad would no longer let me drive it. So, what did I drive you ask? Well for the next careless accident, I drove my mom's Camry! :) Now in all fairness, they knew I had the car. In fact, my mom told me to take it. She needed something from my sister, and I had to go to Coalville to pick it up. My mom was standing in the driveway talking to me, and she told me probably about five times, to watch out for the garbage can. I shrugged it off, and was I know MOM! I know it's there! I'm not stupid! (You know how teenagers can be?!) Actually I was stupid, because I hit the garbage can! Yeah, it snuck up on me, and I totally just backed right on over it! Oh no. I for sure did not want my mom to tell MY DAD!
I had officially been grounded from EVERY car we owned. Except for the Buick Century. The one we like to call Grandma. I was driving home from work, this time more aware of landscaping rocks, and was just getting onto the freeway. I was going around the little circle where you head to Morgan, and the person in front of me was driving SO SLOW!! It was starting to make me mad. I was wanting to get home! Well, I got to the part where you have to merge onto the highway, and I hit the gas. I look sideways to make sure no cars were coming, and then I look forward. I was hitting my gas, and the lady in front of me, was hitting her breaks! You guessed it! I ran right into the back of her! A brand new Duramax diesel truck. The lady had just picked it up from the dealership! She was taking it home as a present for her husband. Are you kidding me? Just when I thought that all luck had run out on me, we inspected the vehicles, and it didn't do any damage to the truck! Wheww! But poor Grandma was a little scratched up, and her hood was dented. On my way home, I just couldn't believe that I had done it AGAIN! Now I really, really didn't want to tell MY DAD!
I have only been in one accident since then, and that one is not out of the bag just yet. Maybe in another couple of years, I will be ready to talk about it. :)
I hope and pray, especially this time of year, with all of the slick and icy roads, that we will all be safe drivers out there, and, knock on wood, that none of us will get in an accident. Because trust me, you don't want to have to tell YOUR DAD about it!



9 comments:
Kort, that has got to be one of the funniest/saddest stories I've heard. I laughed, I cried, and I think deep down I've become a better driver because of it. ;)
oh wow! I have got to tell you my teenage wreck extravaganza some time!!
That was funny to read though, and it made me laugh about my own!
I agree though, the roads are awful in this yucky weather and I am hoping the same thing.
I think everyone has a time they do that kinda stupid stuff. I have hit a wall, hit a parked car, and got two flat tires because I ran over a board. HA! good luck not haveing to tell your dad anything this year!
You forgot the time you drove into Jareds Yard. That was the Best! O just thinking about that night. Makes me laugh so hard i'm crying. Thanks for the comment, it helped! Just always having a friend like you to give me that extra push. Thanks Kort.
You crack me up!! I love reading your blog. Remember when we lived in O town, and it was winter time and we took your car up on this mountain and then we had to turn around and instead of you making like a 3 point turn you just flipped a u and we were bottoming out because of the big bolders underneath your car and we thought we were going to get high centered. But luckily your good driving skills got us out and we didn't get high centered.
Darn it!! We all have those days!!! I know I do!!!
You also forgot about the time you backed into that girls red buick and you went to find her and she came outside freaking out cuz she thought you had ditched the scene. Awe Kort,
Now you should write a post about all the red lights you run on accident and all the red lights John runs on purpose.
don't worry Kort I've been in three car accidents but they were all pretty bad!!
Post a Comment