November 26, 2008

Are ya kidding me?

I just have to share a little story for you all. It happened to me today, while at work, and all I can say is, "you have got to be kidding me?!"

Let me just role play it with you.

Ding. Two, literally TWO, seconds later; another DING. Ding. Ding!! Okay okay...I am currently helping someone else, but you don't know that, and couldn't possibly understand that, because it is only the day before Thanksgiving, and we are VERY SLOW, here at work, on the day before Thanksgiving. We are NOT going to be CLOSED on Thanksgiving, and people DO NOT want their money deposited today because they DO NOT need money to go shopping with on EARLY BLACK FRIDAY. Did I mention that is the day after THANKSGIVING, the day AFTER we are CLOSED! Helloo???? (that was very sarcastic, in case you couldn't hear that in my typing.) Anyway....

Teller(who happens to be ME)- "Hi, what can I do for you today?"
Member- turns her back to me, and doesn't utter a word.
Teller- Thinking to myself...okay I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she didn't hear me. So, I try again. "Hi, how are you?"
Member- "Well I can't believe she done it. She is such a hooker (edited version). You remember what she did to me in high school. Oh, did I mention that I can't stand her. And her husband is obnoxious...." Etc, etc..
Teller-Realizing that she is on her CELLULAR TELEPHONE...I try again...just to see what would happen. "So, 'Mrs. I Better Not Mention A Name', are we just going to deposit this into your checking?"
Member-I'll just keep talking.....with no intention of recognizing the poor teller is trying to be nice and very patient, and trying to take care of, and handle my transaction efficiently.
Teller- "Okay, I put that into your checking, was there anything else I can do for you?"
Member- "Well, I have an appointment with so and so, to get my Microderm Abrasion done, and then I have to pick the kids up from day care, and then I have to clean the house, because my crazy in-laws are coming over tomorrow, so..."
Teller-Thank you for coming in, Mrs. I Still Better Not Mention Her Name, have a good night!"
Member- "Okay, well I am just leaving the bank, so just come over, and we can talk."
Teller-ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? NOT ONE WORD!

Do ya get my point yet? I was a little peeved, to say the least. I guess this just made me think and wonder how I act when I am on the other side of the counter. I hope that I can have enough courtesy and respect, to hang up my phone, stop texting, or even, if at all possible, utter a smile. Even that is better than nothing!

10 comments:

Cole & Jess said...

Your so nice Kort...Love those people! Can I just say I don't miss that at all. I wish I was there! So funny, it brings back alot of memories:) Have a GREAT Thanksgiving...Love YA!

The Dunyons said...

That is hillarious! It brings back bad memories!!! ha ha ha

Rachael Barker said...

All I can say is, AMAZING, simply AMAZING!

Ashley said...

LOL, I feel your pain, I really do. People suck

Tyler and Camie said...

Oh Kort i know how you feel!!! Some people just are not very appreciative of all the hard work that we do! If it were me i wouldn't have tried so hard to be nice!!

gBc said...

Gosh Kort, that sort of thing bugs the crap out of me to!! Okay people, a quick rule of etiquette: The person physically in front of you takes precedence over the person on the phone unless it is an important call. notice that that is important not "important". To illustrate the difference, important is Jimmy falling in a well, "important" is complaining about how McDonalds shorted you a mcnugget. So please people, Put down your dang phones!

Kelly said...

Kortney! I am SOOOO glad you blog stalked me. How are you?? The Harrison branch has certainly gone downhill without you and Randi Jo! Hope things are good. Just an FYI--I NEVER talk on the phone when a teller is helping me---so rude!

Amanda said...

Kort I feel ya! Try dealing with Park City people, I get one of those on a daily basis. Oh the great times of being a teller huh? Hey we haven't seen you for a while, I get to see your darling neice everyweek at church we sit right behind here! I just can't stop looking because she is so dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how rude people can be. AND they are totally fine with it!!!
I honestly don't get how someone can be blatantly RUDE and not even feel bad about it!!!!
People never cease to amaze me!

Sarah said...

I hear you on this one, and I definitely remember times like that in the drive thru! That does not sound like any fun at all!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks For Visiting!!